Sunday, 5 December 2010

Squeaky Clean Brushes!

So the other day i was applying my make up and noticed my brushes were horribly dirty! Now i don’t use a cleaner on them every time i use them such as the brush cleanser from MAC now that is only £8 so its not too bad but I personally prefer to deep clean, however i think i will in the future purchase the cleanser by MAC so i can see what i like the most :) (fyi i do have an anti bacterial spray to kill any nasty germs!)
After trying numerous ways to get rid of the left over make up from them I feel that Johnsons baby shampoo just works like a miracle on them! Leaving them like brand new! I got my bottle from Wilkinson's ( which is a cheap store that sells pretty much everything) and was a smidge at 99pennys! So ill show you my photo evidence :) !
IMG_0197[1]
As you can see they were pretty dirty!
The method I used was just filling up the bathroom sink with warm water, and squirting some of the shampoo in with all the brushes, i then gave them a swish about. It can loosen the handles but I leave them in about 5 second to get them throughally wet, but you can just dip the head of the brush if you dont want to chance this :)
IMG_0201[1]
Look at the water …. yak!
IMG_0204[1]
For ones that i use everyday i massaged some of the shampoo directly into the brushes just to make sure there extra squeaky clean!
This is what they look like now!
IMG_0206[1]
All back white and lovely again!
Now i know probley everyone knows how to clean there brushes, but hey ho you never no someone might just be sat there now wondering!
So i hope i helped!
Also I'm still running my 50 follower giveaway, so follow by blog and comment on the link below :)

4 comments:

  1. Aww are you sure it's OK to put the brushes completely in the water? I never do this as I'm afraid it will weaken the handle... )=

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing this for some time( some for around 12months) and mine are absolutely fine! No damage at all! The only reason I wouldn't put them in the water would be to rub the numbers of my mac ones x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should try an antibacterial soap(which stripes out everything completely) mixed with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil (to keep the make up brush in good condition.) Put that on a plate and swirl your brushes like you would when getting paint on a paintbrush. then rinse off, and dry.
    by soaking them in the sink, you risk the glue for the handle coming loose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anonymous, i already use an antibacterial soap on them, this is just for a deap clean :) and i only leave them in a few seconds, i did state that if people were worried about this to just put the head in :) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...